Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dries Van Noten F/W 2010



















I always love the clothes from Dries Van Noten, but I especially loved this collection. I felt as though it was extremely wearable, and I could see myself wearing many of the looks and pieces mixed in with clothing I already own. I especially liked the slight utilitarian feel that I noticed in the first pieces of the collection, but as the show progressed there were more decadent eveningwear pieces. At the end I loved the idea of wearing a loose fitting t-shirt with a fancy skirt, I love the way they balance each other out. Some of my favorite parts of the collection were the details, such as the straps at the bottom of some of the pants, as well as the mixing of fabrics.






These are just some details fromt the collection, they really help to see the fabric close up, as well as the beautiful florals and beading.







These are the shoes fromt he collection, which I felt matched perfectly with the clothing. I especially like the shape of the chunkier heels, and I feel like they would look great with pants or a skirt.




The bags from this collection were extrememely luxurious, I loved the use of color. I also loved the larger bags which could work with any outfit and be used everyday.


Lastly, I thought the sunglasses were very interesting and took some photos and made them into this collage. To view it larger just click on the image. They have such an interesting shape and are something I would wear.

All pictures are from Style.com, where you can view the complete collection.

1 comment:

  1. The silk/chiffon printed botttoms and blazers are SO pretty. the combination of vibrant colors and earthy cotton pieces is really nice. i especially love the look with the gold blazer and navy pants......

    -namwan :D

    ReplyDelete